Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's official!

Yup, I have officially decided that it's time for a yarn diet. It's going to look a little different than I first planned, so I'm going to lay it out here. This is both my way of providing myself with a reminder about the basics of my yarn diet, and also to try and convince some of my knitting friends (hello Cynical Knitting Gal!) to join me in my venture! If nobody joins me, I'm still going to do this on my own, but I know that it would probably be easier and more fun if I had some company! So, here's my plan:

1) The yarn diet will start today (9/8/07) and will continue through my birthday (5/23/08).

2) I will allow myself to purchase one more sweater's worth of yarn, which I will likely buy on vacation in October. I am unlikely to be able to avoid wanting to purchase souvenir yarn and I would really like to be able to have enough yarn to make one more sweater, so I'm going to just allow myself this one purchase during the yarn diet.

3) I will accept yarn gifts (I know that I should have a yarn gift coming from a contest that I won a while ago, and there's no way that I would turn that away) during the yarn diet.

Okay, so it's pretty simple when it gets right down to it, but now I've told all of you and I will feel tremendously guilty if I give in to the yarn temptation...If anybody else wants to join me, then let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so if I go on this "yarn diet" with you and I go with the rule of accepting yarn gifts...does that mean that I can buy yarn for you and you can buy yarn for me and therefore there would be no yarn diet?

OR

Does it mean that we scheme for the rest of the next 9 months (until 5/23/08 when I too will have a birthday) to convince people to give us yarn gifts (specifying on online "wish lists" which we would like to receive and when...)

I am possibly going to join you, but I will need to take inventory and set up some projects to make sure I have "enough" to do in the meantime (tee hee).

Chicago Sarah said...

Cynical gal's first version looks great. ;) I can join you because I have enough fabric to last a lifetime of crafting...not sure that even counts but I'm yarn dieting with you. Oh and moving yarn doesn't appeal to me, so it's support my friend and good for me!

Chicago Sarah said...

Oh no! I'm joining you on the YARN diet...and trying to exercise more and buy less fabric. :) Just to clarify.

Faith said...

Ohhhhh that dreaded yarn diet! Like the real ones, I always end up going crazy and buying yarn I don't even want because I get the crazy "MUST HAVE YARN" that is rather similar to the "MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE" nonsense. Best of luck!